Valuing People Strategy
The Valuing People Strategy underpins all of the work we do and we have taken the following responses to it:
- Signed up to the Hampshire County Council Charter for Person Centred Approaches with Autism.
- Developed our partnerships with Housing Associations to plan and implement supported living services.
- Developed and grown a Domiciliary Service which is able to respond to individual packages of support in the community and within people’s own homes.
- Employed a PCP Coordinator for a 3 year project to help us develop and embed person centred approaches and culture within the organisation.
- Currently we are undergoing a modernisation programme for the Day Services to offer more individualised opportunities and greater social inclusion.
- We have introduced a Total Learning Environment which begins in Education and transitons into Adult Services for those individuals that continue with us as a provider to promote continuous learning through life.
- We have developed relationships and work in partnership with employment support agencies to improve work placement opportunities and provide direct support to people they refer to us for support in the workplace to indivduals.
- We have signed up to ‘In-Control’ to ensure our policy and practice is current especially in response to Hampshire’s Transforming Social Care Agenda.
The Community Access Department has developed into a much larger service that provides support and advice to a growing number of families of people undergoing the assessment process for diagnosis, or who are in continued need of a support group environment. The service has also worked in partnership with all statutory emergency services and other agencies to raise awareness of autism and provide training to their personnel on approaches to managing individuals with autism, who come into contact with their services.